Tipping Paint Artists have worked together since 2009 planning and hanging exhibits, marketing, performing community outreach, and supporting and encouraging each other in our artistic endeavors. Our mission is two-fold: exhibit quality art on a year-round basis and continue to strive for personal artistic growth.
In 2014, the group found a wonderful new location in the Raleigh Warehouse District where we opened Tipping Paint Gallery.
We are located inside 311 Gallery, which is ideally located between Visual Art Exchange and the Contemporary Art Museum on West Martin Street. The gallery is open Wednesday through Saturday, from 11:30 to 4:00. On First Friday we reopen from 6:00 to 9:00. Traffic is very good during the week and explodes for First Fridays.
The benefits of membership are many:
- Exhibition space in an established location at the heart of Raleigh’s art community
- No “gallery sitting” requirements
- Exhibit 3-5 pieces each month in a themed show
- Stretch your marketing time and dollars through group advertising in the Art Guide (covering the Carolinas, Atlanta, and Savannah), Downtown Raleigh Alliance Map, Tipping Paint Gallery’s Facebook page, and many free online and print advertising venues
- Sales by Tipping Paint Gallery are commission-free to member artists (pieces sold by 311 Gallery are charged a 25% commission)
- Have your portfolio on view in the gallery
- A personal page on TippingPaintGallery.com’s website
- Networking opportunities with 311 Gallery’s resident artists and membership in Downtown Raleigh Alliance, Shop Local Raleigh, and Downtown Living Advocates
- Representation on printed materials such as brochure and postcards
Tipping Paint Gallery is a great place to exhibit and sell your work. And with that opportunity come certain expectations and responsibilities:
- Monthly fee of $250 due the 20th of every month to cover rent, print advertising, insurance, and First Friday expenses
- Follow all gallery guidelines for hanging and First Fridays
- Attend monthly meetings and First Fridays
- Actively participate in the administration of the gallery
- Contribute to our email list and mailing list
- Membership commitment of six months
All new members enter on a provisional six-month contract with all of the work and payment requirements listed but do not having voting rights. Following the probationary period, they may be voted in as full members of Tipping Paint Artists LLC. If they choose to join, they will pay a one-time buy-in, $100 of which goes to their capital account.
If you are a working artist looking for gallery space and wish to join a unique community, Tipping Paint Artists invites you to submit your work for consideration to email@example.com.